Does your commercial facility rely on a boiler in any way? Boilers remain popular for many commercial uses, such as providing comfort to a retail environment or to help with process. One reason for this popularity is the high energy efficiency of these systems: using heated water to send waves of heat into a space is more effective at delivering warmth rapidly than blowing around heated air from a furnace or rooftop unit. Boilers also don’t send dust and other particles around a space, and this is often essential for proper building operation—and it’s good for air quality in general as well.
Watching for Boiler Repairs
Boilers tend to need fewer repairs during their lifetimes compared to other heating systems that have more moving parts. But a boiler may still run into problems. Here are a few of the warning signs to watch for that indicate your boiler needs repairs from commercial HVAC technicians.
- Leaking: You never want to see leaks developing anywhere around the boiler. We recommend having the facility manager make regular checks for leaks around the boiler tanks and other exposed components. Catching leaks and having them corrected as soon as possible is vital to stop not only loss of heat and water damage, but to prevent needing to replace the entire boiler.
- Rising energy costs: You keep track of your business finances closely, and this includes your utility bills. If you notice heating costs are rising and it isn’t because of a change in the weather or an increased period of usage, call technicians to look into it and see if you have a malfunctioning boiler.
- Uneven heating: Commercial boilers can provide even heating that forced-air systems cant’ match. Any disruption in these even heat spread that leads to places in the facility that are either too cold or too hot warrants calling for commercial pros to check on parts of the boiler, such as the manifold.
- Noisy operations: Does the boiler make disruptive rattling or hissing sounds when it comes on? Are employees afraid to get near the tank because of these sounds? This isn’t normal, and can point to a variety of problems, such as overheating or blockage in the pipes. Don’t delay getting experts in to see what’s happening.
- Corrosion: If rust or other types of corrosion appears on the boiler, it’s bad news. Usually, the boiler must be replaced—although if the problem is caught early enough, the corroded section may be able to be removed and replaced.
When it comes to commercial boiler contractors in Richmond Hill, ON, you’ll have a hard time finding people better at delivering customized service than our team at Advantage Airtech. We work with all types of commercial and industrial heating systems throughout the Greater Toronto Area, and we have more than 30 years of experience. We customize our service to meet the specific needs of our customers, and we back up our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Advantage Airtech Commercial Ltd. is the Double-A name with Triple-A service! Offering commercial and industrial HVAC throughout the Greater Toronto Area.