When looking into making changes to the HVAC system for your commercial or industrial facility, you’ll run into words like installations, replacements, upgrades, and retrofits. The last word is the one that often causes confusion. Is a retrofit just a fancy way of saying replacement? And if a retrofit is different, when is is something you’ll need done for your commercial cooling and commercial heating in Brampton, ON?
With our many decades of experience handling the HVAC needs of commercial and industrial facilities in Toronto, we know plenty about retrofits. In this post, we’ll help you understand the HVAC retrofit and what it entails.
What Is an HVAC Retrofit?
An HVAC retrofit is a type of upgrade/replacement combination. Rather than having an old HVAC system junked and replaced with a completely new system, a retrofit takes a more strategic approach at enhancing the existing HVAC system to meet the changing needs of a commercial/industrial facility.
In doing an HVAC retrofit, technicians will make targeted upgrades and modifications to the existing HVAC system to improve its energy efficiency, its performance, and match any changes in the facility, such as enlargements or shifts in production and process.
Why Consider HVAC Retrofits?
Here are several of the reasons a business may wish to look into an HVAC retrofit:
- Increased Energy Efficiency and Cost Savings: One of the primary reasons businesses opt for HVAC retrofits is the potential for increased energy efficiency, which can make improvements on the company’s bottom line.
- Improved Comfort and Air Quality: Upgrading components such as air filters and ventilation systems during a retrofit can boost indoor air quality, creating a more comfortable and healthier environment for occupants and better protection for sensitive equipment.
- Compliance with Regulations and Standards: As environmental regulations and energy efficiency standards shift, businesses may need to retrofit their HVAC systems to ensure compliance with the latest requirements.
- Extending the System Lifespan: Retrofits allows businesses to extend the lifespan of their HVAC systems, putting off the need for an expensive complete replacement or overhaul.
Do You Need a Commercial/Industrial HVAC Retrofit?
It’s important that you know the signs you need to schedule a retrofit with HVAC professionals.
- A drop in energy efficiency and rise in energy costs
- Equipment the frequently breaks down or needs repair service
- Inconsistent climate control and temperature fluctuations
- Issues with non-compliance with regulatory requirements
When in doubt, it’s best to call in our professionals for an audit of your equipment and recommendations for repairs, retrofits, or even replacements. If done right—and we always aim to do any job right—a retrofit will benefit your facility with reduced energy costs, improved indoor air quality, more reliable performance from HVAC equipment, and a lowered environmental impact that reduces your carbon footprint.
When you work with our team, we’ll address all specific needs. Consult with our experienced professional HVAC technicians and we’ll explore the benefits of a retrofit.
Call on Advantage Airtech Commercial Ltd. for your HVAC needs in the Greater Toronto Area. The Double “A” Name with the Triple “A” Rating.